There has been a lot of buzz lately about the great new franchises that are coming in 2015. I am certainly excited about several of them. After looking over the top 30 franchises for 2015. I picked the 10 I am most looking forward to!
10. Kingsmen: Secret Service- This movie looks like fun for the whole family. Colin Firth as a Secret Service man who can beat up gangsters? Who knew? This movie looks like a kid sized throw back to the old James Bond movies. Full of gadgets, fun and action. Don’t want to miss it.
9. Jupiter Ascending- Now for those of you who saw my post on Gambit, you know I am not a huge Channing Tatum fan. However, I do like the other actors in this movie and the CGI looks amazing! I can’t wait to see this movie. I am a sucker for great sci-fi movies. I just hope that it lives up to the trailer!
8. Furious 7- Okay, I have been a muscle car girl since I was 14 and my dad brought home the 67 Camaro that he had had since high school! So I love supped up cars and fast car chases. Not to mention, hello, Vin Diesel. (My dog is named Diesel). Anyway, some of this series have been great, some not so great. But I am looking forward to this one as Paul walker’s last movie. Especially since he died just a couple miles from my house. I can’t wait to see his brothers finish out his part in the movie. And the cars. I love fast cars.
7. Cinderella- I know this isn’t really a geeky movie, but it looks fantastic. Helena Bonham Carter as the fariy godmother? And Rob Stark as the prince? (glad to see him alive again) And Kate Blanchett as the evil stepmother? This is an amazing cast and it looks like fantastic fun for the whole family.
6. Mad Max: Fury Road- HAVE YOU SEEN THAT TRAILER?? Sorry about that. I get all kinds of excited when I see that trailer. Tom Hardy is sexy and gritty. The sand storm is intense and crazy. The cars, the action, the gunfights. All my favorite stuff. I can’t wait for this one. I really hope it is as good as the trailer looks because if it is, it is going to be a movie I watch over and over and over.
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron- I am a huge geek for Marvel. Everyone knows that. And Hulk is my favorite (next to Loki. No one is better than Loki) Anyway, it looks like Hulk is going to have a bigger part in this one. And an Ironman hulkbuster suit? Too cool. But I think the best thing about this movie is definitely going to be James Spader as Ultron. Man I love him. He is so bad, it’s awesome.
4. Frankenstein- I have always loved Frankenstein. The first zombie ever. My favorite was the Kenneth Branaugh, Helen Bonham Carter, Robert De Niro version. But this new version will have James McAvoy and Daniel Radcliff. And it will be told from Igor’s point of view. So hopefully it will be a nice new spin.
3. The Last Witch Hunter- Now I must say I am not a huge fan of Rose Leslie. Didn’t care for her in GoT or Downton Abbey. But I am a fan of Vin Diesel. And of Micahel Caine. So hopefully this movie will be better than Season of a Witch which was so terrible I almost cried. It has so much protential!
2. Seventh Son- Now I have to say, fantasy movies (with the exception of Tolkein’s work) have been hugely underdone in the past. I have been let down by the story, graphics and acting in almost every fantasy movie I’ve seen in the past twenty years. So sad. So I am REALLY hoping this one pans out. It looks amazing and I really hope it is because Fantasy is my favorite genre. And Sci-fi is my second favorite. And Sci-fi is kicking fantasy’s butt right now in the box office!
1. Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens- I have been waiting since I was a kid to see another 3 amazing Star Wars movies. And as of yet, I haven’t gotten any. Since J.J. Abrams has done wonders for Star Trek. He;s basically the new Spielberg in my book. And since Disney didn’t take any of Lucas’ suggestions for the films, I am hoping they are going to be sensational! Really, really, really hoping with all my fingers and toes crossed because i just LOVE Star Wars!
Sot there ya have it! My favorite line up for 2015. What about you? What are you looking forward to in 2015?